4.21.2012

I'm a soft drink DRINKER

 I'm absolutely  a Coca-cola addicted, pero walang tatalo dito (but you can't beat this). I've been afraid when i saw this in my yahoo mail harsh!



Here's the article about:

A New Zealand inquest has been told a woman's 10-litre (2.2 gallon) a day Coca-Cola habit may have contributed to her death, reports said Friday.
A coroner's inquest was told Natasha Harris, a 30-year-old mother of eight from Invercargill in southern New Zealand who died in February 2010, drank huge amounts of the caffeinated beverage, Fairfax Media reported.
It said pathologist Dan Mornin told the inquest that he believed Harris died from cardiac arrhythmia and was also suffering from low potassium levels and caffeine toxicity.
Mornin testified her excessive soft drink consumption probably contributed to her medical condition, along with poor nutrition, Fairfax reported.
Harris' partner Christopher Hodgkinson said she was addicted to Coke and the dead woman's mother-in-law Vivien Hodgkinson had called for soft drinks to carry health warnings, Radio New Zealand reported.
"The first thing she would do in the morning was to have a drink of Coke beside her bed and the last thing she would do at night was to have a drink of Coke... she was addicted to Coke," Christopher Hodgkinson said.
Vivien Hodgkinson said her daughter-in-law would "go crazy if she ran out... she would get shakes, withdrawal symptoms, be angry, on edge and snappy".
"We never knew it was any harm because it was soft drink with no warning labels, I've never seen her drink anything else the fridge was always full of Coke," she said. "Maybe it needs warning signs."
Coca-Cola Oceania told Fairfax that excessive consumption of any liquid, including water, could have health impacts.
"We concur with the information shared by the coroner's office that the grossly excessive ingestion of any food product, including water, over a short period of time with the inadequate consumption of essential nutrients, and the failure to seek appropriate medical intervention when needed, can be dramatically symptomatic," it said.
The corner is yet to hand down findings in the case.

I MUST WARN TO STOP MY SELF TO DRINK SO MUCH AYT?!

8 comments:

  1. oh my! yes yes we should stick to water right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise not to drink so much caffeinated drinks! :)

    Oh, and please visit my blog if you have time.
    Geneva
    http://fromgenevawithlove.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes i saw this news too, but seems she was also a heavy smoker.

    xx from hong kong :)
    www.ldmldmldm.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. @YASMINA-Cheers..but not to much dear!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving some comment. I appreciate every comment you post. Please don’t forget to follow my blog and just let me know because I’ll always follow back.

In any question or suggestion, please don't hesitate to email me:
sasavalencia88@gmail.com

Connect with me in;
Facebook: facebook.com/DressMeUpBySasaValencia
Twitter: twitter.com/SasaValencia

Love Sasa♥

SEARCH

FOLLOW BY EMAIL